All of our tours are fully customizable. Get in touch and we'll assign you a dedicated travel designer who will work with you to curate your perfect trip.
6-Day Private Family Tour of Taiwan Itinerary
Day 1 – Arrival at Taipei International Airport and Transfer to Safari Theme Park
- Transfer from CKS International Airport to the wonderful Leofoo Safari Theme Park Resort.
- This is a magical place for children where they can observe, feed and pet animals. There are giraffes, lions, hippos, flamingoes and many more animals. The resort has a bus and train to view the animals as well as a theme park. Dinner at the resort at your convenience (not included in the price)
Day 2 – Leefoo Resort, Tea Tasting and Sun Moon Lake Private Cruise
- Leisurely breakfast at the resort and the morning to enjoy the activities. After lunch, take a 2-hour drive towards Sun Moon Lake. Very close to Sun Moon Lake we will visit a world famous tea plantation where you can learn about how tea is grown, processed and brewed.
- Then we continue your adventure to the beautiful Sun Moon Lake. This picturesque lake is nestled in the mountains of central Taiwan and is rich in Taiwan’s indigenous people’s culture. The tribe has wonderful folklore stories. We will stay in the less touristic old fishing village where you can try exotic foods and do some gift shopping.
- You will enjoy a private cruise on the lake in a chartered yacht exclusively for your family where you can enjoy the sunset with a nice cold drink or ice cream.
Day 3 – Sun Moon Lake and Puli Paper Factory
- Wake up to the beauty of Sun Moon Lake as the sun climbs up over the surrounding mountains. Enjoy breakfast at the hotel.
- There are a variety of fun activities to do around the lake including cycling, hiking, and sightseeing. Sun Moon Lake has the beautiful Cien Pagoda (built by the late President in memory of his late mother) which offers marvelous views of the lake.
- Lunch will be at Jindu (a restaurant where presidents and celebrities often dine) in the nearby town of Puli. After the feast, we will take you on a tour of a paper factory. It has been operational for nearly 100 years and you can learn how paper is made from things as exotic as fruits and bamboos.
- We should have you back at your hotel around 4pm, leaving you time for a walk or to kick back. There is a nice choice of restaurants that we can suggest for you to try depending on your tastes.
Day 4 – Sun Moon Lake to Taipei via Sanyi Artisan Village
- Relaxed breakfast at the hotel and a final walk or cycle around the lake before departing for Taipei at around 11am. The drive is about two and a half hours.
- On route, we will visit Sanyi Wooden village to see local artisans and crafts. We will also visit Sanxia old street where you can see lots of local cultural artifacts. Then onwards to Taipei to check in to the hotel and rest for a while.
- In the evening we will take you to a local night market so you can experience the authentic Taiwan night market experience. You can walk and try all the weird and wonderful foods that the night markets offer. Our guide will be able to explain all of the traditional foods and their origins. Please prepare your spare stomach!
Day 5 – Taipei Tradition: Congee, Palace Museum, Herbal Medicine, Tea Ceremony
- Starting the day with a traditional breakfast of congee and pickles, we’ll head to the National Palace Museum, joining a guided tour that will bring us to the highlights of this awesome establishment. This will take us to around 12.30 pm, when we’ll set off for Dihua Street. The commercial heart of Taipei during the Japanese colonial era, the street is famous for its traditional herbalists, and shops that sell tea or dried foods and fruits.
- Lunch will be in a local restaurant, after which we’ll take a look at the City God Temple. There we can learn a bit about the many gods and goddesses that enliven local religion. Young people come here to pray to the Old Man, who is believed to help folk find their true love. In the afternoon we’ll experience a tea ceremony, led by a local tea master and featuring a selection of Taiwan’s finest teas.
- For you dinner we will make suggestions as in Taipei you are literally spoiled for choice.
Day 6 – Free Time in Taipei before Transfer to Airport
- Relaxed breakfast at hotel before transfer to airport. If you have a late we can assist with anything you need with regards to additional guiding or transport services. Just let us know in advance.