All of our tours are fully customisable.
You can book the below tour as is or use it as a starting point to customise your own tour.
1-Day Private Tour of Taiwan’s Northern Coast Itinerary
- As green and rugged as Ireland, yet often blessed with strikingly sunny weather, Taiwan’s north coast offers a rich variety of landscapes. Before the sun gets too high in the sky, we’ll reach Yehliu Geopark, a peninsula-shaped by wind and wave erosion.
- This natural wonderland is adored by geologists, kids and everyone else on account of its engrossing caves, hoodoos, potholes, overhangs, honeycombed outcrops, and rocks marked with swirls or concentric ripples.
- The north coast is dotted with little fishing villages like Guihou, very close to Yehliu. It’s also the region where many of the crabs eaten in Taiwan are caught using baited cages.
- After a lunch of super-fresh local seafood we’ll head into Keelung and learn a bit about the history of the city. Being the north’s major port it has been subjected to attack and invasion by foreign powers. Those willing to walk a bit can enjoy the historic remains of Dawulun Fort and superb ocean views.
- Keelung is one place where we really do recommend arranging in advance to extend the tour until well after sunset so you can make the most of one of Taiwan’s most famous night markets.
- Very few of the vendors at Miaokow Night Bazaar have English-language menus or English-speaking staff, but our guide will help you find some delicacies to your liking. By 8pm we’ll be heading back to your hotel or the transport hub of your choice.
Pickup from your hotel in Greater Taipei, or Taipei or Keelung railway stations. Includes lunch, mineral water and insurance.