All of our tours are fully customisable.
You can book the below tour as is or use it as a starting point to customise your own tour.
1-Day Private Tour of Taipei Culture Itinerary
- If you’re willing to start a little earlier than normal, we can take a quick look at Dihua Street in Dadaocheng, one of the oldest Taipei neighbourhoods, en route to the rightfully famous National Palace Museum.
- We’ll spend the entire morning in the museum (it’s more than worth it) and even continue after lunch if you can’t get enough of the fabulous works of art inside.
- Located just across the road from the National Palace Museum, Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines holds Taiwan’s foremost collection of indigenous artefacts.
- Depending on what time you tear yourself away from that engrossing and educational gallery, we may be able to fit in a visit to the nearby Chiang Kai-Shek Shilin Residence. This is where the Chinese Nationalist leader often stayed during the 1950s and 1960s and where he died in 1975.
- Taipei goes to bed late, and an after-dinner look at the UNESCO-awarded Baoan Temple gives insights into the city’s spiritual life. If it’s a Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday, Taipei EYE is an option. There you can take in a show featuring easy-to-digest portions of Beijing and Taiwanese opera, puppetry, local folk music and aboriginal dance (English & Japanese subtitles).
- After all this high culture, we can finish up the day at that most egalitarian of places: A local night market, where tasty snack foods are sold by outdoors vendors. We won’t let you transfer back to your hotel or the transport hub of your choice with an empty stomach!
Pickup from your hotel in Greater Taipei, or Taipei railway stations or airport. Includes lunch, mineral water and insurance.